Last Updated: 10th August 2017
All Personal Data will be held and used in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “DPA”). For the purpose of the DPA, the data controller is GiftLog Ltd of 1349-1353 London Road, Leigh-on-sea, Essex, SS9 2AB. If you want to read more about the DPA, you can do so here: https://www.gov.uk/data-protection/the-data-protection-act
WHAT INFORMATION WILL GIFTLOG COLLECT ABOUT YOU?
· Account Information: When you create a GiftLog user account and use the Services, you voluntarily give us Personal Data. This may include your name, address, email address, phone number, date of birth, age, username, password and other registration information, personal description and photo. When you install the GiftLog mobile application, you will also be asked to allow us to access information stored on your mobile device. This includes your address book (e.g. the names, phone numbers, addresses and email addresses of your contacts).
· Information from Other Sources: If you access the Services through third-party social media sites like Facebook, you agree to give us on-going access to your Personal Data on such sites (for example, your public profile, friend list, accounts you follow or who follow you, your email address, birthday, work history, education history, interests, current city). We may receive certain information about you which is stored on social media sites if users of those sites give us access to their profiles and you are one of their friends or connections, depending upon your settings on those sites. As permitted by law, we may use your contact information to send you information about our Services, when we feel such information is important. You may unsubscribe from these messages through your GiftLog account settings, although we reserve the right to contact you even if you unsubscribe when we believe it is necessary in connection with the Services, such as for account recovery purposes.
· Activity Information: While using the Services, we will collect activity information, such as the number and frequency of visitors to our website or mobile application. We may use this data in aggregate form as a statistical measure. This type of aggregate data enables us and third-parties authorised by us to figure out how often users use parts of the Services so that we can analyse and improve them. We will receive other information (e.g. the content you have viewed and interacted with) from your use of our Services.
· Communications with Us: When you contact us (such as to report a problem with our website, mobile application or the Services), we will collect the information that you choose to share with us and also keep a record of that correspondence.
HOW WILL GIFTLOG USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
We will use your Personal Data in the following ways to ensure you get the best experience from the Services:
- to develop, operate, improve, deliver, maintain, and protect the Services;
- to send you ‘push’ notifications containing information about the Services and to provide you with information if you are using the mobile application (provided you have given us permission to do so by enabling this on your mobile device);
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our website, mobile application and the Services;
- to monitor and analyse trends and usage;
- to use information we have collected from cookies and other technology to enhance the Services and your experience with them;
- to notify you about changes to any of the Services;
- to send you communications, including by email (for example, we may use email to respond to support inquiries);
- to enable you to share our content with others using social media or email; and
- to enforce our Terms of Service and other usage policies.
WILL GIFLTOG SHARE YOUR PERSONAL DATA WITH ANYONE ELSE?
There are occasions when we might have to transfer your Personal Data to third-parties. These include:
- to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the Companies Act 2006;
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we will disclose your Personal Data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- if GiftLog or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case your Personal Data held by GiftLog will be one of the transferred assets;
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your Personal Data in order to comply with any legal or regulatory obligation or request; and
HOW AND WHERE WILL GIFTLOG STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
WHAT SECURITY MEASURES ARE IN PLACE TO PROTECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our website or mobile application; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your Personal Data, we will use strict security procedures and features to prevent unauthorised access. We will continue to maintain and improve these security measures in line with legal and technological developments.
WHAT IF YOU CHANGE YOUR MIND?
If you change your mind about our ongoing ability to collect Personal Data from certain sources that you have already consented to, such as your phonebook or location services, you can simply revoke your consent by changing the settings on your mobile device. Of course, if you do that, certain Services may lose full functionality. You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by contacting us at email@example.com.
HOW CAN I FIND OUT WHAT INFORMATION GIFTLOG HOLDS ABOUT ME?
The DPA gives you the right to access Personal Data held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with that DPA. We are entitled to charge a fee for any access request to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you. You can request access to the Personal Data that we hold about you by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.